Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lazy "Summer" Days...


Seattlites must have done some good deeds lately. We were rewarded with two full back to back days of 70 degree sunshine! When I watched Jeff Renner's weekly forecast (because when you are jobless, you have time to chart weather patterns) I was like, "NO WAY! It just snowed LAST WEEK!" Boy was I wrong. Now I know that weather guys (and gals) don't get paid to lie.

As I emerged from my winter cave with pale, ghostly skin and dark under eye circles, thoughts of summer preparation raced through my mind: "Gotta hit the tanning bed!" "Bring out the summer gear and donate the sweaters!" "Break out the BBQ!"

Sammie, my Maltan (not to be confused with Martian, although fitting since by relation he also resides on Planet Jobless) had one thought in mind: "MUST find best sun spot and lay in it all day!" Thus, the photo. Now, that's what you call "Dog days of summer!" I wanted to join Sammie but he wouldn't make room for me. I'm so jealous that he got a strong dose of Vitamin C, not to mention a stunning tan. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a dog sometimes...

The two days of sun were great, huh? My body was not used to receiving warmth naturally from the sun. Typically, my warmth is generated from a ginormous heater at the yoga studio. To my surprise, going for a short walk outside produced beads of sweat on my forehead. For a sec, I almost broke out in a toe stand. :D