Friday, September 4, 2009

labor day?

When you are collecting unemployment stamps, you lose track of Holidays. Especially Holidays where banks, snail mail, the stock market and corporations shut down. For over 10 years of my life, I had EACH and EVERY Holiday marked in my paper calendar, Outlook calendar AND phone calendar. This time last year I had Labor Day on my radar months ahead of time and mapped out a jam packed "things to do" list for the long 3 day weekend. The excitement I felt about getting an extended weekend was equivalent to learning that school was closed due to a snow day.

If it wasn't for the yoga studios having special Labor Day classes, I would've never known. When you are totally unemployed, every day is a Monday, Holiday, TGIF...
Now that I teach five days a week, I'm settling down on a somewhat regular schedule - Sundays and Mondays off. I call it my hairdresser hours. At least the two days are back to back. If I already get this upcoming Monday off, am I supposed to celebrate Labor Day? Anyhoots,

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

Labor Day (from the History Channel)
http://www.history.com/content/laborday/labor-history/labor-day-history